Countryside Animal Hospital will be closed tomorrow, Thursday Nov. 28th for the Thanksgiving Holiday! We will re-open at 8am on Friday! Have a safe and wonderful thanksgiving!!
More than 600 pets have died and their deaths have been connected to chicken jerky treats produced in china. Check out this link from DVM360.c0m to be sure you are keeping your pet safe!
Calling all goblins and ghosts! Send in a picture of your favorite pets dressed up in their Halloween best and the winner will win something Spooktacular! All entries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be submitted by 10/30. A panel will choose the winner which will be announced on Halloween!
Check out these cute pups we had in today and are up for adoption through Pet Projects Rescue!
What dog doesn’t like a good romp in the water? Most of the year there isn’t much to worry about but at the end of summer with prolonged heat and humidity there is a hidden danger many pet owners do not know about; Blue Green Algae and its deadly effects.
Just a few swallows of the bacteria that can be produced by the algae can be enough to send an animal or human into liver failure. Many times livestock are found deceased by the water source that exposed them. Hunting dogs are more at risk because of their prolonged exposure outdoors and in the water during training and hunting season.
Not every lake or pond is a carrier for the algae and bacteria but it good to be aware of what it looks like and the signs of toxicity.
Check out this link to the Pet Poison Hotline’s website for more details!